2. Data Processing and Your Rights
3. Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
We receive personal information directly from you when you voluntarily provide us with such personal information, including, without limitation, the following:
Personal Data (such as your name, email address, username, postal address, payment card, and billing and contact information), including when you sign up to receive information or services from us.
Other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords and similar security.
Information used for authentication and account access, and personal information in messages that you send to us and/or provide to us.
We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access and use some portions of the Website if you choose not to provide us with any personal information, but features of the Website that require your personal information will not be accessible to you.
4. How We Collect Information
We collect information (including personal information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Website, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Website;
Through Google Analytics services for traffic information as described below; and
When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Website, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
5. Tracking Tools
As with other Tracking Tools, Google Analytics helps Point Guard Eyes learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors in order to personalize and improve the Website.
6. How We Use Your Information
- We use information, including personal information, to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information you request;
- Respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you when necessary or requested;
- Provide, maintain, administer, or expand the Website, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Website, and other services we offer;
- Post testimonials related to our services; provided we will obtain your specific consent to use any personal information in such testimonials.
- Customize or tailor your experience of the Website, which may include sending customized messages
- Notify you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about, including information related to updates or new features for services;
- Send you marketing and promotional communications, including without limitation information about Point Guard Eyes, and/or announcements that may interest you;
- Send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Fulfill our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Resolve disputes;
- Protect against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
7. How We Disclose Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Website, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
No Sale of Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Partners: We may disclose your personal information and/or Traffic Data with our service provider partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, marketing campaigns, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features, or functionality available to our users.
Lawful Orders: At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to disclose information to law enforcement or other government officials if it is demanded in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
Business Transfers: We may transfer your personal information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control by or of Point Guard Eyes (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Protection of Point Guard Eyes: We also may need to disclose your personal information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property, or safety of you, Point Guard Eyes or another party; and (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you.
8. Storage and Security of Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage.
We may store and process your information in the United States. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems. Although we make good faith efforts to store personal information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your personal information.
9. Your Choices
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. If you do not want to receive certain communications from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications, or by submitting a written request to Point Guard Eyes at email@example.com.
10. Notice to California Residents
For California residents, in addition to the information identified above in Section 3 (Personal Information We Collect Directly from You), please be informed that we may collect the following categories of personal information from you, among others:
Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Code § 1798.80(e): A name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request from us
- Process user-requested transactions, including online bill payment
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on the Website
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Website
- Send you newsletters, offers, and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or other media
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
In some circumstances, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), affords California residents certain rights, including:
- Right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months
- Right to request what personal information is sold or shared and to whom
- Right to opt of sale or sharing of your personal information to a third party
- Right to limit use of sensitive personal information
- Right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions
- Right to have your personal information corrected in the event that the information is inaccurate
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Although Point Guard Eyes may not fall within the jurisdictional requirements of the CCPA / CPRA, we are providing you with an option to opt out of any sale or sharing of your personal information by submitting your preference to us through the Website.
11. How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain personal information about you for as long as necessary to provide you access to the Website or other services described on the Website. In some cases, we retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, collect fees owed, prevent fraud, enforce the Agreement, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
12. Information on Behalf of Children and Others
The Website is not intended for use by children and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Website. Point Guard Eyes does not knowingly collect any information from children and the Website is not directed to children. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any personal information about yourself to us.
By accessing, using, and/or submitting information to or through the Website, you represent that you are not younger than age 13. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his/her parent’s written consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Website, and we will subsequently delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are between age 13 and the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Website only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Website on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Website on behalf of your minor child will be treated as personal information as otherwise provided herein.
If you use the Website on behalf of another person, regardless of age, you agree that Point Guard Eyes may contact you for any communication made in connection with providing the Website or any legally required communications. You further agree to forward or share any such communication with any person for whom you are using the Website on behalf.
If you are under 16 years of age and reside in the European Union, you must provide an email address for your parent or legal guardian, and before you can access or use the Website, we must receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s express consent. You will not receive access or the ability to use the Website, and we will not collect additional personal information from you until we receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian may revoke consent at any time, and we will take reasonable steps to delete all personal information collected from you. We will also provide your parent or legal guardian with the ability to request to review your personal information, prohibit further collection of your personal information, and delete, or instruct the deletion of, your personal information.
13. Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- Right to be informed of the personal information we collect and how we process and use that data.
- Right to request access to your personal information.
- Right to request that inaccurate personal information be rectified or completed if incomplete.
- Right to request erasure of your personal information.
- Right to restrict our processing or use of your personal information.
- Right to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes.
- Right to object to or opt-out of our processing or transferring your personal information.
- Right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In response to receiving a request for one of the rights set forth above, we will timely comply with the request within the time periods set forth in the GDPR, and other applicable laws, for each right. Several of the above rights are not absolute and apply only in certain circumstances. Point Guard Eyes will comply with requests for those rights as set forth in the GDPR or other applicable laws. We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your personal information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns. We do not make any decisions about you based on automated processing of your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. We will not:
- Deny you services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of service.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different quality of services.
15. Other Web Services
17. Contact Us